Do You Have What It Takes to be an Iron Writer?
Two writers square off (one of whom is an Iron Writer). They are have to prepare a five-course flash fiction banquet using a secret ingredient in all five courses. Each 'course' must be a different fiction genre such as: romance, action, horror, western, historical, fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary, mystery, steam punk, etc. The secret ingredient is chosen by the Master of Ceremonies, Pandemonium.
Our panel of three judges (selected by the Master of Ceremonies) will then read the entries, and decide on a winner based on a set of three criteria: originality, use of the secret ingredient, and writing skill.
This is a writing contest, and the title Iron Writer will be reserved for those that show flair, originality, and skill. The prize is the coveted Iron Writer of Pan Historia title, and the honor of defending your title in future competitions.
1. Only one entry into a particular challenge competition by a single character from one pseudonym.
2. You must use the secret ingredient in each course.
3. You must write 5 courses in five unique genres.
4. Each course must be no more than 1000 words and no less than 500 words.
5. You must challenge an Iron Writer to do literary battle with you, and you must beat that Iron Writer in order to be awarded the Iron Writer title for yourself.
6. You have only ONE day (24 hours) to complete your 5 courses.
7. Your entry must be posted by the deadline stated for the particular challenge on the Iron Writer Challenge thread.
8. You may challenge an Iron Writer any time on the "throw down the glove" thread. If an Iron Writer accepts your challenge Pandemonium will prepare the Writing Arena within 5-10 days for battle.
9. Anyone on Pan can be an Iron Writer or challenge an Iron Writer, including staff. Whenever there is a conflict of interest the IWPH administrative group will resolve it. For example if someone has a character competing in a challenge they cannot also be a judge for that round. They can, however, play a role such as commentator, or administrator, but they cannot influence the judging in anyway. There will always be three judges chosen and they will usually be one staff and two regular members. They will be responsible for the fairness of their behavior and answerable to each other. They will hand their ruling over to Pandemonium to be posted at the end of each challenge.