| The IM Panel
Date: 01-19-11 05:36
|The Instant Message Panel|
The Instant Message Panel (often referred to as the IMP)is the center of communications at PanHistoria. It requires pop-ups to be allowed with your browser. There are no viruses, spyware, malware, or advertising on Pan so you should feel safe to allow it for this site. The IMP is simple to use, and has several handy features that are explained below, broken down by section.
(1) Clicking on the PanHistoria logo at the top of the panel is the same as selecting MY STUFF in the Jump Menu or clicking on My Stuff at the bottom of every page in Pan. The only difference is that it opens a new browser window, while the others will navigate away from the current page to My Stuff.
(2) Clicking on your name is the same as selecting MY HOME in the Jump Menu. The only difference is that it opens a new browser window, while the others will navigate away from the current page to your Home.
Logout will log you out of PanHistoria. Use this to leave the site. Do not use this if all you want to do is change between characters. You can do that by just selecting a different character in the Drop-Down Menu for that purpose. It's always a good idea to use Logout when you are finished at PanHistoria. If you simply close your browser, you will still show on the IMP and people may message you while you are gone, not realising you are not there.
Status will open a new window where you can choose to show you are busy and do not wish to be disturbed, or to switch back to normal from "busy."
Refresh allows you to update who is on the IMP without having to wait the minute or so that it does it automatically. It's also a good way to speed up getting replies, as the IMP will search for any messages and deliver them to you without you having to wait for them to arrive normally.
(4) Need Help is a button you can press to get assistance from staff. Usually when you see staff online you can just message them but if they are all busy then click this and someone will come as soon as they are able.
(5) Publishers are the owners of PanHistoria. They do the programming work and deal with subscriptions.
(6) Agents are volunteers who can fix things, answer questions, and handle disputes and infractions.
(7) Editors are volunteers who are here to help with navigating the site, fixing home html code and are good persons if you just generally need assistance.
(8) Members are other people just like you!
(9) What Do These Icons Mean? explains in more detail the meaning of the icons on the IMP and the different membership levels.
(A) The little 3 or 5-pointed icons on the IMP can be in various states. If they are solid, it means the person is not busy. If they are flashing, then the person most likely does not wish to be disturbed. You will get a reminder if you try to message them.
Something that is quite handy about those little icons is that if you click on one, it will open a new browser page with the home of the member, so it's a quick way to see the home of the person you are talking to.
(B) The name of a member can be in two different states. If it is showing brightly, as shown here, then you can click on the name and sent them an Instant Message (IM). If it is faded, you will not be able to click on the member's name, and will have to try reaching them at a later time. This is called Do-Not-Disturb.
created by Awoserra Aqenenra Apepa